Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#2023772 - 06/24/17 04:59 AM Re: Who's minding the store? Good lord! [Re: neilfrancis]
Toledo Mudhen Offline
addict

Loc: South Texas (On the Beach)
Yea - I check in about once a day also. SGC seems to be oblivious to the fact that there are no longer any participants on the forums. WTF

#2023773 - 06/28/17 07:26 PM Re: Who's minding the store? Good lord! [Re: neilfrancis]
Blackie Offline
~
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Southern US
I also visit every day but not quick to chime in. So disappointed in a company I supported and even helped in getting business too. Spent years on here and tried like hell to network with little to no thanks what so ever... epic fail on my part. Now I view these boards to see any new pictures of cards that my old pals purchase but as for SGC I'm beyond done ...

#2023775 - 06/29/17 02:22 PM Re: Who's minding the store? Good lord! [Re: neilfrancis]
Scottish Punk Offline

Hope you are doing well Blackie. I caved in and signed up for the SGC club and sent in some cards at the $5 special. Too cheap to pass up. Actually had a conversation with Matt while I signed up. Very nice guy, just doesn't get into the message board banter.

The report I was told that they hired a new developer to work on the registry and a revamp of the entire website. It sounded like they will have an automated system for signing up with the club and a new registry from the ground up. I was hoping for a announcement or a teaser by now, but hopefully soon. Of course, proof is in the pudding.

As far as all the doom and gloom about the business side. I got the impression that SGC is very busy and getting cards out the door remains the number one priority over everything else. I am still in the wait and see for the web page updates, but I do feel more reassured about SGC in general.

#2023776 - 07/01/17 01:22 AM Re: Who's minding the store? Good lord! [Re: neilfrancis]
Bammer Offline
addict

Loc: Iowa
Scottish Punk, did Matt give you any timetable for when these items might be finished? If the registry will be worked on fairly soon, and they don't hold it back for another 10 years, I would be very interested in coming back.

#2023777 - 07/01/17 01:23 AM Re: Who's minding the store? Good lord! [Re: neilfrancis]
Bammer Offline
addict

Oh, Blackie, how are you? I hope you will still chat with me.

#2023781 - 07/01/17 10:17 PM Re: Who's minding the store? Good lord! [Re: neilfrancis]
Diaz Offline
journeyman

Hello all

well, i do hope blackie come back,i enjoy
reading his post and what he has to say about what going on in the hobby of collecting cards.

i hope all is well with you and your kids.
blackie.

i hope all is well, with all the member on the board.

i don't post much but
I read a lot of the post. You all have good points about the registry and adding new
Stuff and the future of sgc.

Peace to all.
Thank you
john

#2023788 - 07/04/17 03:40 PM Re: Who's minding the store? Good lord! [Re: Bammer]
Scottish Punk Offline

Originally Posted By: Bammer
Scottish Punk, did Matt give you any timetable for when these items might be finished? If the registry will be worked on fairly soon, and they don't hold it back for another 10 years, I would be very interested in coming back.

I did not get a firm timetable. When they dug into the registry, it was decided to rework from ground up instead of copying over. At this point, I would rather wait for a fix then an update since we have been waiting forever anyway. I got the impression, SGC is shooting for October/end of year as the completion. Hopefully, Matt can give us an update/preview when they can narrow down completion time. He did not want to commit since the scope of work had changed.

I did give them my two cents worth of recommendations - free of charge of course. smile

#2023789 - 07/04/17 04:49 PM Re: Who's minding the store? Good lord! [Re: neilfrancis]
Bammer Offline
addict

Hi Scottish Punk,

Thanks for the info. I'm with you, since we've all been waiting so long I would like to see them rework everything. If they get it done, I'm going to come back and here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to keep all my non-sports sets on here (all except one which I only need 2 cards. Also the oddball Yankee cards. For example I've got 2 cards (Kubek and Mcdougald) from the 1959 Yoo-Hoo set. I guess I'll see how things go.

#2023790 - 07/07/17 10:12 AM Re: Who's minding the store? Good lord! [Re: Bammer]
Blackie Offline
~
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Southern US
Originally Posted By: Bammer
Oh, Blackie, how are you? I hope you will still chat with me.

Doing ok brother just working all the time. I still would love to chat with you all! Great to hear from you brother.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Blackie, SGCMatt, SMtJoy 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 274 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SGCMatt, bfree, SGCOffice, George0984, rocco
2031 Registered Users