journeyman

Loc: Ontario Canada
Video of the meeting posted on sgc Facebook page

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=BUAJIMhikx8

#2023758 - 05/19/17 06:04 PM Re: Boca Raton meeting [Re: Bammer]
elove Offline
enthusiast

Loc: THE DARK SIDE
I'm surprised this has been up here for a week and no one's commented on it yet. I guess everyone has flown the coup.

#2023759 - 05/19/17 08:55 PM Re: Boca Raton meeting [Re: Bammer]
vintage Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Hockey Crazy Canada
I was thinking the exact same thing. It really has become a ghost town around here.

#2023760 - 05/20/17 09:43 AM Re: Boca Raton meeting [Re: vintage]
gator6romeo Offline
stranger

If everyone wasn't so negative, maybe people wouldn't fly the coup. I came here for positive conversation about cards etc. Not to hear how bad sgc is. They some faults but all in all I am satisfied, because I just enjoy collecting not to make money at it. Just my thoughts.

#2023761 - 05/21/17 08:09 AM Re: Boca Raton meeting [Re: Bammer]
elove Offline
enthusiast

Loc: THE DARK SIDE
I agree with you, gater6romeo. I will admit that I am part of the SGC bashing. I'll be the first to admit that I didn't care for some of the moves SGC has done in the last several years. But I would like to think that my heart was in the right place being vocal because I just don't want to see the grading card company that I love and invested a large sum of money into to away by bad decision making. The no contact with SGC and banning from commenting on Facebook really irked me. All I said was they need to look at message boards because there's a whole lot of angry customers on there who have a lot of questions and they will go elsewhere if they don't get those questions answered. That's all I said word for word.

I've said that I'm leaving too but the problem for me is I really don't have much elsewhere to go. Don't trust PSA and don't care for BGS or whatever they call themselves. I have too much invested in SGC grading my cards that it would cost too much money to get them graded from someone else. So it's pretty much SGC or nothing for me. Right now, I'm standing on the nothing side and just looking over the fence from time to time to see if SGC would do anything.

#2023762 - 05/21/17 08:54 AM Re: Boca Raton meeting [Re: elove]
gator6romeo Offline
stranger

Elove, that was perfectly said, those were my exact thoughts you just expressed it much better. I have been guilty of being negative in past posts and have even called and emailed Matt and let him know that I was ready to move on. He continues to reassure me that things will improve. I have also spoke with SGC staff at the last two fanatics shows in Chicago and they feel things are about to turn a corner.

#2023763 - 05/21/17 02:57 PM Re: Boca Raton meeting [Re: elove]
Toledo Mudhen Offline
addict

Loc: South Texas (On the Beach)
Originally Posted By: elove
Don't trust PSA and don't care for BGS or whatever they call themselves. I have too much invested in SGC grading my cards that it would cost too much money to get them graded from someone else. So it's pretty much SGC or nothing for me. Right now, I'm standing on the nothing side and just looking over the fence from time to time to see if SGC would do anything.

Dittos!!!!

#2023764 - 05/22/17 10:45 AM Re: Boca Raton meeting [Re: Toledo Mudhen]
Scottish Punk Offline

Originally Posted By: Toledo Mudhen
Originally Posted By: elove
Don't trust PSA and don't care for BGS or whatever they call themselves. I have too much invested in SGC grading my cards that it would cost too much money to get them graded from someone else. So it's pretty much SGC or nothing for me. Right now, I'm standing on the nothing side and just looking over the fence from time to time to see if SGC would do anything.

Dittos!!!!

Thirded!! if that is a real word. smile I am holding off on any drastic decisions until word on the new site revamp announcement. It was supposed to be mid May, so anytime???

I have bought two more HOF Rcs though - Marshall Faulk and Kevin Garnett SPs in 96. Hobby money this month has been diverted to the Comic Con this past weekend. I need to get some other cards back up on some forums to sell before spending anything else.

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator:  Blackie, SGCMatt, SMtJoy 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 310 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SGCMatt, bfree, SGCOffice, George0984, rocco
2031 Registered Users