Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#2023741 - 04/18/17 04:19 AM Re: Who's minding the store? Good lord! [Re: neilfrancis]
jackstraw Offline
old hand

Loc: @ a Baseball Card Show
The whole thing is weird! I asked on FB if I could request the far superior flip on my cards and they said no I have given up too..

#2023742 - 04/18/17 04:40 PM Re: Who's minding the store? Good lord! [Re: neilfrancis]
Bammer Offline
addict

Loc: Iowa
Well, I have come to the conclusion that it's one of 2 things.

1. They're not caring about us small time submitters.

OR

2. They're just depending on the high end people to submit the high number of cards to them.

#2023743 - 04/19/17 02:21 PM Re: Who's minding the store? Good lord! [Re: Bammer]
Scottish Punk Offline

Originally Posted By: jackstraw
The whole thing is weird! I asked on FB if I could request the far superior flip on my cards and they said no I have given up too..

I have been critical of SGC as well, but this is a ridiculous request. The 'far superior flip' is gone and retired. Why would SGC send cards out in a flip they don't even use anymore? That is liking asking for a run of "New Coke".

Originally Posted By: Bammer
Well, I have come to the conclusion that it's one of 2 things.

1. They're not caring about us small time submitters.

OR

2. They're just depending on the high end people to submit the high number of cards to them.

When dealing with SGC I always get the impression of a mom and pop store with only a handful of employees. They don't have time for the little people because they have to placate the big boys and stay in business. Just a wild arse guess on my part. Both PSA and BGS are getting slammed with submissions, maybe they are no different.

Speaking of which, if SGC were a smart marketing business, now is the time to strike. BGS just raised their prices about 50% across the board and remove the guaranteed return date on the low cost submissions. The online submission form is gone to stem the tide of new cards coming in. They are past due on just about all submissions since the beginning of the year. Lots of disgruntled customers looking for a change. The default is PSA, but no reason SGC can't jump in and take advantage of BGS issues and grab some market share. Of course, this would involve somebody from SGC to jump on some message boards and spread the word...

#2023745 - 04/29/17 06:41 AM Re: Who's minding the store? Good lord! [Re: Scottish Punk]
jackstraw Offline
old hand

Loc: @ a Baseball Card Show
Originally Posted By: Scottish Punk
[quote=jackstraw]The whole thing is weird! I asked on FB if I could request the far superior flip on my cards and they said no I have given up too..

I have been critical of SGC as well, but this is a ridiculous request. The 'far superior flip' is gone and retired. Why would SGC send cards out in a flip they don't even use anymore? That is liking asking for a run of "New Coke

Yeah if you know me I have been lobbying for a new flip since 1999 and have yet to give up.. But it's no difference then everyone complaining about their registry. That is gone too..

#2023755 - 05/08/17 09:35 PM Re: Who's minding the store? Good lord! [Re: neilfrancis]
neilfrancis Offline
stranger

Loc: Connecticut
So I guess I'll be banned next from their FB page. Went on last Friday, Larry Studebaker sends me a PM asking me to call him. So I do, he tells me he's moving to Florida next week and my items submitted on March 13 haven't even been looked at yet. Three months. What a joke. Never again. Not even a compsenatory sorry, or anything. They've got a crown jewel from my collection to boot. No reply from emails or phone calls. This company is the Titanic, Studebaker is just rearranging the deck chairs trying to put out fires from irate customers. He's too good for this outfit.

#2023756 - 05/08/17 11:46 PM Re: Who's minding the store? Good lord! [Re: neilfrancis]
Bammer Offline
addict

Loc: Iowa
Plus neilfrancis, it's been about 3 and 1/2 since the big $4000 meeting, and no words of any kind as to what went on.

Guess I'm not worth nothing anymore.

#2023768 - 06/22/17 08:09 PM Re: Who's minding the store? Good lord! [Re: neilfrancis]
elove Offline
enthusiast

Loc: THE DARK SIDE
Bump. Just checking to see who's still reads the board. It's been weeks since anyone posted anything on here.

#2023769 - 06/23/17 06:03 AM Re: Who's minding the store? Good lord! [Re: neilfrancis]
Toledo Mudhen Offline
addict

Loc: South Texas (On the Beach)
and we have a winner - Elove - you are the 1st post since my last one on June 1st....... Congrats

As an aside - the forum has numbers in parenthesis that show how many people are on the board (?) the listing for this thread says there are currently 196 people watching.... You think those numbers are accurate?

#2023770 - 06/23/17 05:46 PM Re: Who's minding the store? Good lord! [Re: Toledo Mudhen]
elove Offline
enthusiast

Loc: THE DARK SIDE
Now there's 297 guests and 2 spiders online. You would think at least one of them would take the plunge and make some friends on here.

Edited by elove (06/23/17 05:46 PM)

#2023771 - 06/23/17 07:05 PM Re: Who's minding the store? Good lord! [Re: neilfrancis]
vintage Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Hockey Crazy Canada
I usually check in once a day to see if there is anything new. I was going to post a few new pickups a couple times now but I didn't bother. What's the point if nobody is looking at them. Haven't heard anything from Blackie or Bammer in a while.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Blackie, SGCMatt, SMtJoy 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 310 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SGCMatt, bfree, SGCOffice, George0984, rocco
2031 Registered Users